And tips to help you do it like a professional.
Home staging brings out your home’s most impressive assets so potential buyers can imagine living in it! Home staging is an important marketing strategy and includes a bit of psychology. It’s adding and rearranging furniture and decor. It’s upgrading curb appeal. It’s making the home look “move-in ready.” Home staging is different from decorating. Decorating is about personal style, while staging makes your home appealing to the largest pool of buyers. By highlighting the home’s best features and minimizing the house’s flaws, you are packaging your house in a way that should lead to more interest, higher offers, and quicker sales.
According to the 2021 Profile of Home Staging by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), 82 percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home. There are a few options when it comes to staging your home – You can do it yourself with the guidance of your real estate agent or hire a local staging company to do the heavy lifting of adding furniture to your home.
Here is a list of easy tips you can handle yourself to prepare your home for the market:
- Make sure your front door is clean and the brass is polished. Clean the porch lamps. Set out a new doormat.
- Add colorful flowers to a well-trimmed yard for curb appeal
- Declutter the bookshelves. A good tip is for every three items, remove one
- Consider fresh paint and carpet in neutral colors
- If interior walls do not need painting, ensure they are free of fingerprints and scuff marks. Have the carpets cleaned
- Tend to the little things, such as squeaking doors, loose cabinet knobs, and damaged floor titles
- Fix any dripping faucets, rust spots, or damaged bathroom tile. Bathrooms should sparkle!
- Open the curtains and turn on the lamps for a brighter space
- Check storm windows and screens for damage or holes. Clean these areas well
- Make sure your kitchen is spotless! Free counters of clutter. Organize cupboards and pantry
- In general, remove clutter, organize closets, clean out the basement and garage, and ensure pet areas are clean and odor-free
Want to take home staging to the next level? We can help you hire a professional staging company to ensure a seamless experience for you and your potential buyers.